Domo-kun Staring -->

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Design Appreciation

Well designed products:
Electric toothbrush
Why is it a well designed product? It is equipped with batteries so that the user does not need to use much energy to brush and scrub their teeth, they just have to press a button and more the toothbrush all over the teeth, and the toothbrush will do its job without the user to waste energy.

Mouse trap
Why is it a well designed product? It is designed so that when a cheese is placed at the mouse trap, the mouse will be attracted to it and will go to the mouse trap. The mouse trap will then trap the mouse.

Poorly designed products:

Drink bottles with poorly designed labels.
Why is it a poorly designed product? The buyer cannot tell which one is the flavour they want since the label is very small and difficult to read. The two bottles also look exactly the same except for the colour and the labels, which my cause confusion for the buyers.

Tap with slippery handle
Why is it a poorly designed product? When a person washes his/her hand, the hand would be slippery as the hand is wet and water acts as a lubricant. The tap will be difficult to on as the handle is slippery and difficult to grap hold of and turn when the hand is wet.

4 comments:

  1. The slippery handle: I agree with you that it is poorly designed. When your hand is wet it will be very hard to turn the tap. Especially when washing your hand with soap.

    The mouse trap: I also agree with you that it is a well designed product. The cheese is very attractive to mice. So, when it sees it it will eat it and get trapped. Btw, the cheese looks fake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the slippery handle, I think the design it self is not that good, I prefer the auto-sensors and single handle ones.
    I use the electric toothbrush at home, it was very good, but I've stopped using it since I put my braces on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the first two ones, it can bush the teeth clean for you and it looks cool. And the second one is really good too as sometimes we want to catch those pests and those traps are perfectly designed to trap them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that that slippery handle is badly designed. After washing your hands it would be very difficult to turn the tap off and while trying to turn the tap off, water is wasted.
    I agree that the electric toothbrush is well designed as the user does not need to use energy but it will waste quite a lot of electricity.

    ReplyDelete